Baby Chiropractor Perth
All the Chiropractors at Perth Chiro Centre have specific interest in pediatric chiropractic. Perth Chiro Centre chiropractors have many years experience treating all patients, infants through to the elderly in our clinics. All our chiropractors have done post university pediatric chiropractic education and studies and are competent in assessing your child.
At Perth Chiro Centre we are evidence based and treat only musculoskeletal disorders in children. This is the most common reason parents seek chiropractic services for their children. In caring for children our chiropractors may provide a range of treatment modalities including manipulation, dietary and ergonomic advice for parents and other manual therapies such as massage.
Musculo-skeletal conditions in infants are uncommon as babies are delivered with mostly pristine spines. Sometimes however musculoskeletal issues can manifest from traumatic births. Our chiropractors have done additional studies in paediatric chiropractic and are experienced in this area. Sometimes during a difficult delivery, the delicate structures of the neck or spine can be affected. This is especially common in births that have required the use of forceps or a vacuum. These musculoskeletal issues can manifest in a number of ways, we commonly see the following our clinics;
- Poor Sleeping
- Only turning the head to one side
- Unexplained and persistent crying
- Poor feeding; difficulty breast feeding or a preference for one breast
- Discomfort/crying when travelling in the car seat
- Difficulty changing your baby and/or crying when you lift up their legs during nappy changing
- Neck/head movement difficulties
- Inability to roll over
If your child experiences any of these symptoms, they might have an issue that is associated with a musculoskeletal disorder and may benefit from chiropractic care.
To book an appointment at our Greenwood Clinic, please call (08) 9342 1211 or (08) 9341 3002 for our Wembley Downs Clinic.
Alternatively click here to book online.
Baby Chiropractic Misconceptions
The most common misconception regarding chiropractic care for babies is that the adjustments will be too forceful and parents are often concerned that their child will receive treatment like that of an adult. Not only are the adjusting techniques modified for each person’s size and unique musculoskeletal issue, an infant’s spine rarely has the long-standing muscle tightness seen in adults. This makes a child’s chiropractic adjustments gentle.
When adjusting newborns and infants, no more pressure is applied than what would be used to test the ripeness of a tomato. Many of our Perth parents are pleasantly surprised by the gentleness of treatment and the relaxed state it endorses in their child.
No medical referral is necessary for chiropractic care. Rebates are claimable for all services from private health funds, depending on the insurer and individual’s level of cover. For accurate information on your cover, please call your health insurance fund.
- We are honest and Genuinely CARE about you and your problem
- We are good at what we do!!!
- We do after work hours appointments
- Our fundamental goal is to alleviate your symptoms in minimal visits
- We work with network of GPs and Surgeons and can bounce ideas between our network and work out what is best for our patients
- We have HICAPS facilities so private health claims can be made instantly
- “No Wait Policy”. All of our patients are seen immediately we don’t over schedule appointments so there is no lengthy wait in waiting room.
- Friendly and courteous staff.
- We are honest and evidence based
- We do not over service
- X Rays are only taken if actually required. We don’t x ray every patient and use the x ray as a tool to scare patients into lengthy treatment schedules.
- We use Xrays to rule out pathology and arthritic problems. We don’t use them to look at postural stances.
- Professional but comfortable atmosphere.
- We have easy parking at the door
- Large private treatment rooms.
- Convenient location.
- Secondary evaluations/opinions.
- M.D. and attorney referrals.
To book an appointment please call us;
Greenwood Clinic (08) 9342 1211
Wembley Downs Clinic (08) 9341 3002
Alternatively click here to book online.