At Perth Chiro Centre, we commonly see a number of factors that causes mid back pain and that include the following:
- Increasing work demands; Long hours at the desk with poor posture habits
- A decrease in any physical activity or exercise outside work hours
- Prolonged sitting in front of the computer, car or in front of the television
- Once pain commences failure to seek care and advice
- Poor lifting techniques: Patients overloading back and not using their legs
Chiropractic doctors focus on treating musculoskeletal disorders including mid back pain caused by facet joint dysfunction associated with muscle tightness. At Perth Chiro Centre, we identify and correct poor postural habits which are the main middle back pain.
Middle Back Pain Causes
At Perth Chiro Centre we do our best to:
IDENTIFY THE CAUSE OF THE MID BACK PAIN
Can a chiropractor help with middle back pain? The first step we do in treating middle back pain is to determine the main cause of the pain. Our aim is to obtain an accurate diagnosis. There are many causes of mid back pain and some require different treatment protocols. Once we identify the contributing factors of the pain, we will create a treatment plan that is suitable for relieving your middle back pain, which also includes eliminating any aggravating activities of daily living.
TREATING THE CAUSE OF MID BACK PAIN
The treatment depends on the diagnosis we have gained from the patient’s test results. The treatments we offer at Perth Chiro Centre include;
- Chiropractic Manipulation Therapy to Spine.
- Chiropractic Mobilisation to Spine
- Soft Tissue Therapy (e.g Trigger Point Therapy, Dry Needling, Cross friction Massage, Graston Technique, and Stretching).
- Flexion-Distraction Therapy Using our Flexion Distraction Tables
- Home Stretching and Strengthening Programs
- Referral to appropriate healthcare professionals for necessary treatments or co-management as deemed appropriate.
IDENTIFYING BAD HABITS AND MAKING APPROPRIATE CHANGES
The key ingredient in a successful chiropractic lower back pain treatment plan includes learning of proper postural habits and other techniques. Proper posture is a significant factor in the health of the lower back and proper posture should always be practiced.
Techniques common to daily living and work also play a major role in the development or lack of development of lower back pain. This includes proper lifting techniques, telephone techniques, avoidance of repetitive motions, and much more. We can teach you the correct habits and techniques which will protect your lower back from discomfort and injury.
DAILY TIPS FOR REDUCING MID BACK PAIN
PRACTICE GOOD POSTURE, CORRECT LIFTING AND WORKSTATION ERGONOMICS
Practicing correct posture, lifting techniques and ergonomics are the areas you need to work on if you want to reduce the risk of mid-back injuries at work. Practicing these key areas each day plays a significant role in lowering future recurrences of past injuries.
Exercise keeps all the joints of the spine moving and lubricated. Joints love movement and exercise, it also keeps you mentally fit! For you to keep your motivations high, involve your friends and family, it will be fun.
UTILIZE STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
Stress is often underestimated as a cause of middle back pain. Stress is often carried in the upper traps of the shoulders and neck. While stress can’t be totally eliminated, controlling your stress levels is important for your overall health and can help also in treating lower back pain.
To book an appointment please call us;
Greenwood Clinic (08) 9342 1211
Alternatively, click here to book online.