The Aging Spine
The normal part of the aging process involves a deterioration of tissues, especially in the spine area. The deterioration process occurs to each people over a period of time and the level varies from individual to individual. The reason for this is not fully clear yet, however, a history of spinal stress and abuse (such as years of hard labor/ wear and tear or years of prolonged sitting) accelerates the aging process.
What Benefits Does Chiropractic Care Provide For The Maturing Adult?
Chiropractic care provides a number of benefits designed for maturing adults and that includes the following:
- Spinal and extremity pain relief
- Decreased stiffness and muscular spasms
- Increased mobility and range of motion
- Decreased tissue inflammation
- Increased joint function
Chiropractic treatments maintain the motion and function of the joints in the spine area. Our treatments maintain spinal biomechanics to minimize the stress associated with the degenerative changes that occur with age. Your spine can be viewed as any other moving structure, that is why it is important to treat and maintain your spine health.
What Treatment Options are Available?
The available chiropractic treatment options that are used in the development and management plan for your condition include:
- Spinal and/ or Limb Manipulation.
- Spinal and/ or Limb Mobilization.
- Soft Tissue Therapy (e.g. Trigger Point Massage, Cross Frictional Massage, Graston Technique, Muscle Release Technique, Dry needling, and Stretching).
- Traction and Limited Traction Device is known as Flexion Distraction.
- Active Care Supervision (Supervised Rehabilitation Exercise Programs, Home Exercises).
- Physical Rehabilitation and Counseling.
- Referral to appropriate healthcare professionals for necessary treatments or co-management as deemed appropriate.
We are here to help you by providing you and your family with the very best chiropractic treatment in Perth.
Why Choose Us?
- We are honest and Genuinely CARE about you and your health concerns
- We are experts in what we do
- We do after work hours appointments
- Our fundamental goal is to alleviate your symptoms in minimal visits
- We work with a network of GPs and Surgeons and can bounce ideas between our network and work out what is best for our patients
- We have HICAPS facilities so private health claims can be made instantly
- “No Wait Policy”. All of our patients are seen immediately we don’t over-schedule appointments so there is no lengthy waiting time.
- Our staff are friendly, courteous, and approachable
- We are honest and evidence-based
- We do not intentionally prolong treatment process
- X Rays are only taken if required. We don’t require every patient to undergo X-rays for the purpose of scaring them or giving them a lengthy treatment schedule.
- We use Xrays to rule out pathology and arthritic problems. We don’t use them to look at postural stances.
- Professional but comfortable atmosphere.
- We have easy parking spaces for our patients
- Large private treatment rooms.
- Convenient location.
- Secondary evaluations/opinions.
To book an appointment please call us;
Greenwood Clinic (08) 9342 1211